Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Greg Wilson's #1 Floorfillers

Below you'll find Greg Wilson's charts for his residencies at Wigan Pier and Legend:

#1 FLOORFILLERS
These are the records that topped my floorfillers lists, from the time I started compiling a chart, in June 1981, until I stopped deejaying at the end of 1983.

From 16th June 81: Wigan Pier only
RICK JAMES give it to me (us motown)
GINO SOCCIO try it out (us warner brothers)
WISH nice and soft (us perspective)
CENTRAL LINE walking into sunshine (uk mercury)
LEVEL 42 turn it on (uk polydor)
From 25th/26th Aug 81: Wigan Pier and Legend (separate charts)
WIGAN PIER
INVERSIONS loco-moto (uk groove)
DONALD BYRD love has come around (us elektra)
MIKE T do it anyway you wanna (us golden pyramid)
ARTHUR ADAMS you got the floor (us inculcation)
SLAVE snap shot / wait for me (us cotillion)
LEGEND
VAUGHAN MASON rockin’ big guitar (us brunswick)
RAHMLEE think (us headfirst)
DONALD BYRD love has come around (us elektra)
MIKE T do it anyway you wanna (us golden pyramid)
SLAVE snap shot / wait for me (us cotillion)
From 3rd Nov 81 Wigan Pier and Legend (combined chart)
SLAVE snap shot / wait for me (us cotillion)
BOHANNON let’s start II dance again (us phase II)
K.I.D hupendi muziki wangu?! (you don’t like my music) (us sam)
FINE QUALITY aah dance (us sugarhill)
D TRAIN you’re the one for me (us prelude)
1982
D TRAIN you’re the one for me (us prelude)
LESSETTE WILSON caveman boogie (us headfirst)
ONENESS OF JUJU every way but loose (us sutra)
STONE time (us west end)
P-FUNK ALL STARS hydraulic pump pt III (us hump)
MYSTIC MERLIN mr magician (us capitol)
ELECTRIK FUNK on a journey (I sing the funk electric) (us prelude)
PATRICE RUSHEN forget me nots (us elektra)
B.B.C.S & A BAND rock shock (us sam)
PATRICE RUSHEN number one (us elektra)
SINNAMON thanks to you (us becket)
ODYSSEY inside out (us rca)
LARRY GRAHAM sooner or later (us warner brothers)
HOWARD JOHNSON so fine (us a&m)
ROCKERS REVENGE walking on sunshine (us streetwise)
GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE the message (us sugarhill)
EVELYN KING love come down (us rca)
SHARON REDD beat the street (us prelude)
KLIEN & MBO dirty talk (italian zanza)
EXTRA T’S e.t boogie (us sunnyview)
WILLIE HUTCH in and out (us motown)
WHODINI magic’s wand (us jive)
MONTANA SEXTET heavy vibes (us philly sound works)
DR JECKYLL & MR HYDE the challenge (us profile)
INDEEP last night a dj saved my life (us sound of new york)
1983
INDEEP last night a dj saved my life (us sound of new york)
CASHMERE do it anyway you wanna (us philly world)
SANDY KERR thug rock (us catawba)
CLASS ACTION weekend (us jive)
DAVID JOSEPH you can’t hide (your love from me) (uk island)
SALSOUL ORCHESTRA ooh, I love it (love break) (us salsoul)
C.O.D in the bottle (us emergency)
VISUAL the music got me (us prelude)
RUN-DMC it’s like that / sucker mc’s (us profile)
BRASS CONSTRUCTION walking the line (us capitol)
WEEKS & CO if you’re looking for fun (us salsoul)
FREEEZ I dub u (us streetwise)
NEWTRAMENT london bridge is falling down (uk jive)
HERBIE HANCOCK rockit (us columbia)
TWO SISTERS high noon (us sugarscoop)
TIME ZONE the wildstyle (us celluloid)
UNIQUE what I got is what you need (us prelude)
HOT STREAK body work (us easy street)
B BOYS two, three, break (us vintertainment)
CURTIS HAIRSTON I want you (all tonight) (us pretty pearl)
GRANDMASTER & MELLE MEL white lines (don’t don’t do it) (us sugarhill)
CAPTAIN RAPP bad times (I can’t stand it) (us saturn)
SHANNON let the music play (us emergency)

No comments:

Post a Comment